The LETTA Trust is an approved Kickstart Scheme Gateway organisation. The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people.
The LETTA Trust will support partner schools across Tower Hamlets and Newham to recruit talent through the Kickstart scheme, providing young people in East London with six months of paid employment and a programme to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours for success in the workforce. Local schools will benefit from additional capacity at a time when the school system is under huge pressure nationally.
As a Kickstart Scheme Gateway organisation, the LETTA Trust will provide:
- support for young people who risk long term unemployment to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours desired by employers in the modern workforce;
- additional capacity for local schools who are under pressure to maintain high standards of education and care in the face of a global pandemic, and financial and staffing shortages;
- an opportunity for partner schools to make a significant impact in the local community at a time of great challenge.
The LETTA Trust and it’s partner schools are located in some of East London’s most vibrant areas, close to Canary Wharf, the Olympic Park and Lee Valley. We aim to provide exceptional opportunities for the communities we serve and our participation in Kickstart is an extension of this mission. We’re proud to be a part of this scheme and to continue to support our community.
The schools and organisations working with the LETTA Trust to deliver Kickstart are:
- Bygrove Primary School
- Cayley Primary School
- Children’s House Nursery School
- Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
- Mayflower Primary School
- Phoenix Primary and Secondary School
- Stebon Primary School
- LETTA School Direct Ltd.
- The Poplar Partnership
For more information about the Kickstart Scheme, visit the government website.